Vrhovine and Dragan's Den are an ideal stop for you to get back on track from long travels, lay back with a book or two from a selection of titles we have carefully selected and keep in our hostel library appreciating our great view enjoying the peace of Croatia's small, mountainous place. Those who have adventurous spirit are well served with activities such as:
- Zipline: Slide 80 meters above the ground flying 120 km/h for 2 km with magnificent scenery in the vicinity;
- Mountain biking: Explore the 150 km of marked trails across the beautiful fields of Lika´s untouched nature and through the dense forest of Mala Kapela;
- Hiking on UNESCO World Heritage: Enjoy the day in Plitvice National Park which covers 29685 hectares with the amount of 16 lakes and breathtaking beauty;
- Quad Bikes safari: Ride 45km/30km/22km in the Gacka valley and partly over Velebit mountain and get wild in nature;
- Kayak: Row a transparent kayak to match the crystal clear river over 8km in a family safe activity;
- Nikola Tesla´s museum: Get inspired by the life and work of the man who created the alternating current and to this day powers our houses and so many other patents. Comprised of a multimedia center with hands-on science exhibits, renovated original structures and a playground for future scientists, Nikola Tesla Memorial Center is a must-go located in Smiljani which is Nikola Tesla's birthplace, also not far from Vrhovine.
When you arrive at the hostel you will do check in and tell us what activities you want to do and we will make the arrangements.
- 08:00 shuttle to NP Plitvice Lakes | 18:30 shuttle pick up back to the hostel. Location of the pick up is at Entrance 2 near souvenir shop and toilet. Price is 60KN per person each way. Payment is in cash to the driver.
- Morning hiking to Zipline or highest mountain pick Bjeli Vrh.
- 08:00 Shuttle bus to Gacka for kayaking and swimming in ice river. Be ready for Bridge jumping too!
- Relaxing at night time around the fireplace in nature, and playing music.
Other places near us you can visit and things to do, especially if you are with a car:
Otočac is yet another small place in Lika area, where you can find restaurants, have a coffee, ice cream, eat pizza and go to big supermarkets.
Gacke river and Flyfishing. Gacka is one of the best-known rivers in the world. The beauty of this surrounding nature, the ambiance, and the fishing opportunities are able to capture the hearts of all those lucky enough to ever come and visit the worldwide known beauty. Gacka has clear water and is extremely rich in both flora and fauna. In addition to this, you can visit old water weels, buy river fish, swim in ice river and do kayaking.
Grabovača is a cave park located in Perusic, Croatia. It is the elevation of the mid-Velebit, which is situated between the Lika karst plains and fields in Perusic, 2 km from the center of Perusic.
The wonderful sanctuary where young, abandoned bears are being taken care of. Sometimes, you can even pet the cubs!
To experience rafting on amazing Una river, you will have to pay a visit to the neighboring country, Bosnia, and Herzegovina, also not far from where we are.
Rastoke is the historic center of the Croatian municipality of Slunj. This old part of Slunj is known for its well-preserved mills and the picturesque little waterfalls as well as for the caves hiding numerous stalactites, stalagmites, and stalagmites. You are welcomed to swim here.
Where to next?